Sexuality was always a topic that came easily to me. I was quite inquisitive about the subject when I was as young as 14. Fascinated by the body and all its glorious functions, I was fortunate to only have positive experiences with my own sex life, and I loved the magic that I felt in my body after sharing an intimate encounter with someone.
When I was 23, I was living at Harbin Hot Springs and for the first time in my life, I was surrounded by completely sex-positive people. The level of comfort they felt in their own bodies matched mine, and I spend much of my time there learning and exploring the various ways the human body could experience turn-on.
Little did I know at the time that most of the people I was sharing myself with were called sannyasins
, which meant that they were the followers of the great spiritual guru Osho. Osho himself was a pretty sex-positive guy, and made a lot of rebellious waves in his home country of India. A lot of westerners were attracted to his teachings and after his death, brought his message over to the rest of the United States.
So needless to say, besides the many tantra and sacred sexuality workshops I took while living at Harbin (Deborah Anapol’s
Tantra and Sexual Shamanism,
Steve and Lokita Carter’s
Love and Ecstacy
training), a lot of my education happened by osmosis. Sharing intimacy with so many conscious adults gave me the gifts of awakening my body in such a deep way. When I left Harbin in 1999, I wanted to take what I had learned and share it with my community in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Unfortunately, most of the 20-something crowd did not understand the language I had around sacred sexuality. Tantra was something that mostly
people did, so my peers thought I was a bit odd for speaking so passionately about it. But fortunately, like always, good luck saw me through, and I connected with other like-minded folks who were interested in creating sex-positive events for our friends in our community.
Since 2001, I have been offering the following
forms of sacred sexuality:
Mystic Temple of Love spiritual sensuality parties for men and women in the San Francisco Bay Area - (2001-2008)
- Erotic filmmaking and editing, such as
- Sacred Touch Massage for Women, a carefully guided workshop on female sexual healing - (2002-present)
- Tantric Intimacy coaching with singles and/or with couples around love and sacred connections - (2004-present)
- Starred in
Divine Nectar as a goddess exploding with amrita - (2005)
- Public speaking on local podcast shows about sacred sexuality, tantra and polyamory - (2008)
The Art of Tantric Kissing workshop, an evening of learning various kissing techniques with your partner - (2008)
- Tantric Circus Hawaii tour - (Feb-Mar 2008) TC Hawaii Tour Video
- Isis Oasis erotic performance with the Tantric Circus - (Spring 2008)
Vadjrayogini Tantra Training with Bast as a guest teacher - (May 2008)
- Performer with the Tantric Circus at Daka/Dakini conference - (May 2008)
The Dakini Experience workshop, a two day workshop on teaching women to give tantric bodywork to their male partners - (Summer 2008)
- Presenter at "The Art of Tantric Shamanic Union" on female sexual healing (November 2008)
- Presenter at "Group Sex - Then and Now: A Play Party Retrospective Discussion Panel Series" (January 2009)
- "Sexploration with Monika" on FCC Free Radio
- "Sexploration with Monika 6/10"
I’m currently in a collective called the Tantric Circus www.tantriccircus.com
, a diverse group of healers, erotic educators, artists, and performers igniting the movement of the Erotic Re-Evolution.
If you are interested in receiving a private coaching session from me, or wish to attend my workshops, or have me speak at one of your events, please contact me and I would be happy to connect with you. Sexuality is my passion and my calling in this life, and as my birthright, I am here to give the gifts of conscious erotica straight to you!
For information on my teachings, listen to the podcast below:
PODCAST SHOW: Tantra & Polyamory
PODCAST SHOW: For Women
PODCAST SHOW: For Men